What is the difference between Stock Allocation and Stock Reservation
Modified on: Tue, 13 Jun, 2023 at 3:02 PM
Stock Allocation -
- The Stock Allocation option is used to allocate the available stock to the individual sales channels.
- Under Inventory, select Stock Allocation sub type and enter the required details.
- This is the dedicated allotment of stocks to a particular marketplace apart from which the stocks are not shared with any other connected marketplaces until the promotion is live.
- E.g: Let's say the SKU – Product1 (Stock – 100 pcs) is listed on the sales channel Lazada, Shopee, and Zalora. If Stock Allocation of 60 is created for Lazada then the stocks pushed to Lazada will be 60 (allocated stock 60 pcs) and the remaining 40 units (unallocated stock) will be pushed to Shopee and Zalora. i.e. Lazada will only get 60 units and it will be fixed.
Stock Reservation -
- This promotion reserves the stock for a specific marketplace and the unreserved stocks get allocated to the remaining marketplaces. However, the marketplace for which the stocks are reserved will be able to use the overall stocks (in case the stocks are still available). This will give you an opportunity to sell unreserved quantities during a flash sale on the platform.
- Under Non-Marketplace Integrated promotion type, select Flash Sale – Stock Reservation promotion type and enter the required details of promotions.
- E.g: Let's say the SKU – Product1 (Stock – 100 pcs) is listed on the sales channel Lazada, Shopee, and Zalora. If Stock Reservation of 60 is created for Lazada, then the stocks pushed to Lazada will be 100 (reserved 60 units + unreserved 40 units), and the remaining unreserved stock of 40 units will be pushed to Shopee and Zalora.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.