If the user disables the inventory sync in OMS then they will have the below impacts on the connected Marketplaces:
- The stock will not be updated from OMS to the Marketplaces.
Example: SKU A has 15 stock, and this stock will not be updated to any marketplace.
- Stock Allocation will not work because the stock update is disabled.
- Stock for return completed orders will not be updated back to Marketplace.
Example: Return order 123 has SKU A, and when the return process is done, the stock will not be updated, and you have to update it manually.
- Orders will be synced from marketplaces to OMS, but the stock will not updated from OMS to marketplaces.
- If you perform stock sync/stock select, then also the stock will not be updated.
- If the order comes from 1 marketplace, the stock will be deducted from that marketplace, but the stock will not be updated for others.
Example: Lazada order 123 has SKU A with 1 quantity, and it has 10 stocks,. Then, stock on Lazada will be deducted and stock will be 9 on Lazada. However, the stock is still 10 for other marketplaces and it can cause overselling